So day 1:
1. I am so thankful for my children, because they help me remember that my life is not a vacuum and that every decision I make impacts other people as well as myself. Even though that is always true, my children make me more aware of it than I used to be, as the effects of my decisions on them is very clear and immediate.
2. I am truly blessed to have access to the internet, because it allows me to meet and talk with the amazing people that have enetered my life through this great tool. Without this access and technology, I would have missed on on meeting and connecting with some truly amazing and beautiful people. Not to mention the gift it is in helping me stay in contact with friends and family far and near.
3. I am so happy and grateful for my new house, because it provides a safe place and a new start form my boys and I. It is so wonderful to finally live here and make it our home. This house is coming together beautifully, even the process is welcome because it means that each step is another step to be grateful for.
4. I am truly grateful for my family, becasue they have been there for me through so many challenges, have helped in so many ways, and gone out of their way to do special things that make my life easier and better--all without asking for anything from me. I am truly blessed by my family.
5. With all my heart I am thankful for the friends that love me, because no matter how much time has passed, I know that certian people are always there, always true in their love and care, and always connected to me in timeless ways.
6. I am so thankful for the food in my cupboards and fridge, because my children will never have to know hunger while my cupboards contain food, good food that is good for the physical, mental and emotional well being of my children and myself--for fruits and vegetables, for beans and rice, for meats and cheeses, for yogurt and tea...I am very thankful.
7. I am truly blessed to have been given so many things for my house, because without the generousity, awareness, and openness of both the peopel giving things away and the people who are available to pass them on to me, I would not have created such an amazing house.
8. I am so happy and grateful for Netflix, because it provides entertainment and educational programing for me and my children, gives us the chance to watch TV, movies, documentaries, and other videos without the commercials and time demand that regular TV/cable has.
9. I am truly grateful for the auto-save feature of this website, because I just had a computer crash and did NOT lose this post, which I have been carefully thinking about and writing for a good chunk of time.