2.I am so happy and grateful that coffee exists, and that I am a coffee drinker again--because I tend to burn the candle at both ends, going to be very late and getting up too early, so having such a yummy and stimulating beverage to keep me conscious is a good thing.
3. I am grateful for sleep (especially the chance to take a nap at 9am for an hour), because it helps to refresh the mind and reboot the system, especially after a day filled with challenges, it gives me a chance to see the blessings that were there, and to try to repair the damage that my own reactions to the challenges presented.
4. My heart is grateful for my family, because they offer help and sugestions, and are willing to wait by the phone while I am limping home a broken down car.
5. I am thankful for meeting new people, because new people bring new perspectives and new blessings into my life.
6. I am grateful for canned beans and quick cooking brown rice, because it made an easy, healthy dinner at the end of a very long day when I got home, and I have no guilty feelings that come with giving my kids other quick convenience food dinners, so I am very grateful for a healthy easy quick meal that I could throw together when my day had bowled me over.
7.I am grateful for the ability to unpost a blog post, because soemtimes we all say things that should not be said aloud and publically, especially self-deprecating stuff that really should just be allowed to fall out of our ears and thoughts and not land on others.
8. I am thankful for email, becuase it keeps me connected to people far and wide.
9. i am thankful for my children, because even when life, or my own mind, throws some curves and it would be easier to just stay in bed all day and not deal with the world, they are my reason to get up and find happy thoughts so that THEY can have a good day too. Never under estimate the power of feeling useful, being useful is one of the most important things any of us can be, so I am grateful that I am useful to my children.
10. I am thankful that for making this commitment to express my gratitude, because it helps me to find my way out of a funk and to remember that there are SO many blessings in my life, and embracing those blessings makes my life better, and makes me a better person.